Elisenbrunnen is a beautiful ornamental fountain located in the center of Aachen, Germany. It was built in 1894 in an former market square and designed by Friedrich Meyer in a neo-renaissance style. The fountain comprises of eight masonry pillars, from which water flows from the mouths of sea lions and dolphins. The central figure is of three nymphs pouring a jug of water. An inscription on the fountain shows that it is in memory of the "Grand Duke of Oldenburg" who was Grand Duke of the province in 1859. The fountain has become a symbol of the city and is a popular spot for visitors and locals. It is also a popular place to take a leisurely stroll.