Sinagoga della Comunità Ebraica di Torino - Italy
The Sinagoga della Comunità Ebraica di Torino is an historic synagogue in Turin, Italy, and the largest synagogue in Piedmont. Built in 1863, the synagogue was originally located in the old Jewish quarter of the city, now known as the Loggia delle Comunità Ebraiche. It has since been moved to a new location in the city centre. The synagogue features a Moorish-style facade and twin minarets, as well as a striking copper dome. Inside, the main prayer hall can seat up to 300 people and features stained glass windows and an ornately-decorated ark. Visitors to the synagogue will find several artifacts on display, including an engraved marble plaque commemorating the synagogue’s history. Due to its size and proximity to the city’s historic centre, the Sinagoga della Comunità Ebraica di Torino is one of Turin’s most visited Jewish sites.